About ABHC Hypnosis
Bill Ronan is a State Licensed Psychotherapist, (LICSW) Practitioner of Medical Hypnoanalysis.
Accepting New Patients: Yes!
Years In Practice: 30+ years
Licensed As an Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW): 00371
Treatment provided for: Adolescents, Adults, Children, Couples, Families, and Seniors.
Below you will find a list of Bill Ronan's many degrees, certifications, memberships/affiliations past & present in
professional, social & community service organizations:
- Diplomate of the American Psychotherapy Association (APA) 2005, Joining William Glasser, MD, Bill O'Hanlon, MS, Jeffrey Zeig, PhD, Arnold Lazarus, PhD, Aaron Beck, MD & Ernest Rossi, PhD etc.
- American Academy of Medical Hypnoanalysts (Diplomat Candidate, Board & Clinical Member)
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis Certification 1987
- American Board of Medical Hypnoanalysis, Registered, Certified Hypnotherapist, Special Recognition Award 2005
- Instructor of Psycholgy for Metropolitan State University, National American University, Rasmussen College, Normandale Community College, Minnesota School of Business, and Globe College
- Science of Universal Life (SOUL) Clinic License, 1994, Ordained Minister, 1973, Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA
- Founder: Jefferson-Paine Society, an organization dedicated to promoting knowledge of the religious values of Thomas Jefferson & Thomas Paine while investigating and exposing propaganda. A Congregation of the Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA (click here for more information)
- Master of Science in Counseling, 1979, (Private Catholic College) Gannon University, Erie, PA
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Edinboro State University, Edinboro, PA
- Associate of Arts, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio
- Minnesota Crime Victims Reparation Board: Crime Victims Mental Health Service Provider
- Gambling Treatment Provider: Approved by the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Divorce Mediator: Facilitative/Hybrid "qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice," helping couples going through a painful divorce to proceed in a dignified, respectful and economical way to terminate a relationship that has gone bad.
- Selected in the "Honored" category of the 2004-2005 Edition of The Heritage Registry of Who's Who, because of success attained in the field of Health Services and individual achievement. Registered at the Library of Congress in Washington DC.
- Listed in the National Registry of Who's Who 2001 Edition, for contributions to the field of Psychotherapy, Medical Hypnoanalysis, and Medical Hypnoanalysis.
- Mensa, the High IQ Club: Member
- USMC 1965-1969, Two tours Vietnam, Infantry, Vietnamese Language Interpreter, Chemical, Biological and Radiological Warfare Advisor. Passed one year of college on a "CLEP" test.
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War: Member
- Veterans for Peace: Member
- Professional Alpine Skiing Instructor and National Ski Patrol, Mt Pleasant, Pennsylvania
- Tennis and Racketball Instructor (Inner Game) at Billy Jean King Centers, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Hopkins Noon Time Lions Club International, Board of Directors
- Why a Client can Seldom Remember the Origin of their Problems, 2003, Journal of the American Psychotherapy & Medical Hypnosis Association
- Relaxation & Stress Release via Thumb & Finger, 1992, Guided Imagery Volume One by Larry Moen
Hypnosis: An Escape into Reality, 1985,
Problems in the Treatment of Obesity and Eating Disorders, 1988,
Hypnotically Enhanced Eating Awareness Training, 1988,
Lancing the Emotional Boil, 1990,
The Battering Husband, 1992,
Hypnosis and Relaxation Training in the Treatment of ADD/ADHD (a free thought disorder), 1997, Journal of the The Journal of the American Academy of Medical Hypnoanalysis
- "Memory, Suggestion and Truth," 1993. Issues in Child Abuse Accusations Journal
Subtle Methods of Installing Ideas, 1984,
The Ronan Method of Smoking Cessation, 1983,
Reflective Counseling, Hypnosis, Endorphins and the Emergency Medical Technician, 1982, Hypnosis Quarterly Journal
The Psychological Autopsy of Elvis by William J. Ronan
In "A Psychological Autopsy of Elvis Presley," Bill Ronan has created a fascinating vortex of ideas and theories, all of which swirl around the ever-engaging life and death of Elvis Aron Presley. Ronan posits a set of psychological circumstances as the cause of Presley's death, including issues around self-image, his relationships with others, the death of his mother and twin brother, and his own feelings of detachment and "death" prior to mortality. The author then connects these circumstances to several specific case studies, suggesting ways in which the "deaths of Elvis" can be used to bring the psychological distress of others into focus.
- In A Psychological Autopsy of Elvis Presley, Bill Ronan has created a fascinating vortex of ideas and theories, all of which swirl around the ever-engaging life and death of Elvis Aron Presley. Ronan posits a set of psychological circumstances as the cause of Presley's death, including issues around self-image, his relationships with others, the death of his mother and twin brother, and his own feelings of detachment and "death" prior to mortality. The author then connects these circumstances to several specific case studies, suggesting ways in which the "deaths of Elvis" can be used to bring the psychological distress of others into focus. Ronan does not shy away from any rhetorical device or from leaps over the intellectual chasms that typically divide fields of inquiry. Hypnotherapy, traditional psychology, social science research techniques, biomedical ethics, and several other disciplines and avocations collide in his work, all casting light on the strange but hardly unique life of Elvis Presley. The book is a journey through original thoughts in original combinations, a journey on which neither the faint of heart nor the hidebound need embark. Even if every hypothesis ends up dismissed, the journey itself is well worth the effort. - Dale Alan McGowan, PhD Associate Professor of Music, College of Saint Catherine
- Observing this "documentary" does add to my understanding of Medical Hypnoanalysis and informs me about how MH can be used in the trreatment of every person out there who has any kind of problem. It makes you wonder how this therapy could have helped Elvis at any and all levels of chronological growth and development as he progressed throughout his life. MH has a place to changing the world one person at a time. - Tom Zurkowski, MD Psychiatrist, Batesville, AR
- The Elvis "hypothesis" analysis seems applicable on a nember of levels and toward other theories. It is a very convincing argument for what we now know the nature of trauma – how the psychological affects the physiological, how the body then "remembers" even if the brain and heart do not and then how these “memories” continue to "act themselves out" in behaviors - so seemingly bizarre and unexplaoinable to those atching."The power of an idea to change one’s heart, mind, body and behavior. Bill's work underlines how unawareness of this emotional numbness principle can lead to a low level of self directiedness and in Elvis’ case, a wasteful tragic death. Excellent teaching tool. - Kade Haviland, MA, CACII | Arapaho House, Inc, Denver Outpatient Cllinic, Denver, CO
- It was useful in understanding lots of thigs – Relatiohsips between his mother and his needs to be with her – which triggered the dead part of self. The alive part of Elvis was seen through his miusic. Temporarily his wife and daughter filled a need but finally his death wish to be with his mother resulted in his death. - Marge Harmon, MSW Private Practice, Naperville, Lombard, IL
- This was an in depth analysis of Elvis and his PROBLEM, how he dealt with it. It was a great demonstrastion of the Ponce de leon Syndrome and tthe Walking Zombie Syndrome as represented by Elvis’ public and private life. It helped me understand these two diagnoses. - Marge Bauman, RN, MS, LPC | Institute for Motivational Development, Lombard, IL
- I feel your study was very indepth. As a documentary it could be a valuable tool for learning and understanding of the need for Medical Hypnoanalysis. He clearly had many issues recognizable to us and could have benefited from Medical Hypnoanalysis. - Betsy Zurkowski, RNC, Office of Tom Zurkowski, MD Psychiatrist, Batesville, Arkansas
- I was impressed by the clarity of the diagnosis and the rich evidence carefully compiled to support the Medical Hypnoanalytic diagnosis. - John B Hart, DMin | Private Practice, Bristol, IN
- This was a phenomenal observation. Accumulated over a period of years. Bill has done an outstanding job of matching the Medical Hypnoanalytic process to a reqaal and very public figure. One wishes if only Elvis could have been introduced to this modality he might still be with us sharing the gift of his music. Therapy under Medical hypnoanalysis is an art. It produces a deep statement from the client with profound change in a short period of time. - Sanded Hobsm, MS | Counseling (in process), Memphis, TN
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Value Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health
- Health Partners
Seed of Hope: Resource for Professional Counseling is a not for profit, faith-based organization committed
to facilitating the process of healing and transformation in the lives of individuals and families. This is
accomplished by reimbursing eligible therapists for seeing clients who could not otherwise afford professional
counseling, or whose insurance policies will not allow them to go out of network in order to obtain a therapist
who holds similar faith values. We believe in doing what is right and that it is up to each person to determine
what that is for themsleves. If you agree with this then we have similar faith values.
- Most traditional insurances. Some HMO's
- Crime Victims: Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board can help with your expenses. Call 651-282-6256
- Gambling Addicts: Receive financial help from the State of Minnesota
- Hypnosis/Medical Hypnoanalysis
- Medical Hypnoanalysis (A short-term, directed, insight oriented, analytical, rational emotive behavioral therapy) Bio-feedback
As a potential consumer of Medical Hypnoanalysis, in a consumer beware environment, you might be interested in
the following article exposing the meaning of various certifications in the field of hypnosis. If so click here!